At Tierra Vista, we aim to provide a learning environment where students are excited about coming to school every day. With this, we strive for our students to uphold excellent attendance records. This responsibility falls on all of the stakeholders (parent, teacher, administrator, counselor, etc...) involved with the student.
What do I do if my child is absent?
- Upon return to school, make sure that your child has written documentation regarding his/her absence that is signed by one parent or guardian
- If make-up work is allowable, be sure to make arrangements with your child's teacher immediately, and work with your child to ensure he/she completes it within the designated timeframe as prescribed by the teacher
How can Parents help with student attendance
- Plan vacations during non-school days
- Schedule your child’s medical and dental appointments at the end of the school day
- Make sure they go to school every day unless they are ill
- Take an interest in your child’s schoolwork
- If your child starts to miss school, speak to the school and let your child know he/she must attend
- If your child is ill, contact the school and explain the reason for the absence